Protein Bar Recipe
~ 6 scoops protein powder (I use Quest)
~ 3/4 to 1 Cup ground almonds, I put them into the blender whole and lightly crush for texture
~ Added chocolate chips, dried fruit, unsweetened coconut to taste
1. Heat the Syrup of choice in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble
2. Remove from heat and pour into a big bowl (pre spray bowl with non stick spray for easy clean up) 3. Stir in crushed almonds and protein powder
4. Stir in a cup of your choice, I like semi sweet ch. chips, unsweetened coconut and cinnamon
5. Spray a baking pan with non stick and using a plastic spatula press mixture flat
6. Put in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes
7. Let cool 15 min, cut and store in the fridge. I store in layers with wax paper between.
**You can purchase the VitaFiber syrup on Amazon.com, it is my favorite but the Agave works really well too.
** Play around with protein powder flavors and types. Make sure to check fiber, fiber is so key in weight management and often overlooked. With any kind of protein bar think about drinking one large glass of water with any bar. When choosing a powder, the higher the fiber the better! I use Peanut Butter Flavor Quest powder.
When I add the chocolate chips they melt a bit and helps the bars stay together, if the bars come out too powdery play with more syrup or less powder, the extras you add in can change the consistency as well. Make sure to press down and let cool.ReplyDelete
Glad so many have tried these and enjoyed them, thanks for the notes!